Tobi Aworinde, Abuja
Despite the ongoing investigations into a controversial music video shoot by Augustine Kelechi, aka Tekno, the artiste has released the video with scenes of four strippers pole-dancing in a moving van on the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge in Lagos.
He was seen throwing money at the semi-nude young women.
The viral video of Tekno and the dancers was met with criticisms by the Federal Government, the Lagos State Government and members of the public.
The Lagos State Police Command had invited Tekno and his manager, Sydorff, for questioning over the video.
Sydorff had told The PUNCH, “The police told us to come and clear the air on the whole issue. They told us that they felt that we were advertising the music video, but we told them that it was just a music video shoot.”
Tekno had, in a statement on his official Instagram account, claimed that the viral video was as a result of logistical issues experienced during the shoot.
He had said, “There was no reason for us to be dancing in a truck around Lekki. There was no music and ventilation in the truck.
“We were shooting a music video and we had a shortage of vehicles to convey people to the next location, because some of the cars broke down in between the shoot. We divided ourselves into various vehicles, because we had been shooting all day and having fun; we then moved to the next location.
“We sincerely apologise if some people saw this and felt offended by the scenery. It was never my intention.”
However, the official music video for his song, ‘Agege,’ which was released on Thursday, showed Tekno in the moving van performing to the camera with the half-clad women dancing seductively.
Section 136 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, however, states that any person, who commits any act of gross indecency with another person in public, commits an offence and is liable upon conviction to three years imprisonment.
Section 134(a) stipulates that an indecent act in a public place makes both parties engaging in the act liable to imprisonment for two years.
The Lagos State Signage and Advertising Agency has since suspended the advertising agency, whose display truck was used in shooting the video, until the completion of its investigation.
The Director General, National Council for Arts and Culture, a parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Segun Runsewe, had also criticised the video, describing it as unacceptable and ‘Jezebelistic’.